Venue: Pursat Province, Cambodia
1. To finalize the questionnaire for data collection in inland fisheries in Cambodia;
2. To improve methodology on survey and data analysis on Inland fisheries in Cambodia;
3. To improve compilation of information and statistics on Small-scale inland fisheries in Cambodia.
1. Mr. Hong Hy Director of Fisheries Inspectorate
2. Mr. Ouk Vibol Acting Director of Fisheries Conservation Department
3. Mr. Lieng Sopha Acting Director of Community Fishery Development Department4. Mr. Hort Sitha Vice Chief of Administration office of IFReDI
5. Mr. Soun Chhun Heang FiA Officer of Planning Development
6. Mr. Phum Vimol FiA Officer of Pursat Province
SEAFDEC1. Mr. Hidenao Watanabe Assistance Trust Fund Manager
2. Ms. Sumitra Ruangsivakul Socio-economic Section Head
3. Ms. Jariya Sornkliang Socio-Economic Scientist
4. Ms. Thanyalak Suasi Socio-Economic Scientist
5. Ms. Rattana Tiaye Fishery Governance and Management System Scientist
Result of the Workshop
Pre-test of questionnaire at Anlong Rang and Ota Prok Community fisheries, Krakor district, Pursat Province, Cambodia
T = Total catch in each community fishery per year (Ton)
Xi = Catch volume of each Sample per year (kg.)
N = Total number of fishermen
n = Number of Sampling
i = Sampling no. 1, 2, 3,…, n
Total catch of Anlong Rang Community Fisheries is 690.64 Ton/year
Total catch of Ota Prok Community Fisheries is 488.11 Ton/year
Ms. Sumitra presented the result of pre-test questionnaire including the calculation of total catch in Community Fisheries that Mr. Hong Hy suggested to edit the formula on total number of fishermen to total number of fisheries household. The meeting proposed to add more question into the questionnaire sheet, e.g., number of fishing gear, mesh size of gill net and fish processing per month.
Mr. Soun Chhun Heang explained more on data collection in Cambodia that the fisheries Cantonment officers was collecting monthly data on catch production in each fishing gear and catch species by random fishermen sampling in Community fisheries for daily catch production, number of fishing day per month and calculate the total catch of cantonment and sending to headquarters in Phnom Penh.
Mr. Watanabe proposed the effective on data gathering that FiA should conduct from bottom up system and FiA should encourage the extension officer to work with Community Fisheries. The other way on data collection in Community may be collected from middleman in each Community Fisheries. He also mentioned on SEAFDEC’s proposal in 2013 to promoting Fisheries census for SEAFDEC’s member countries.